California lemon law attorney for Volkswagen vehicles
One of the most popular European car brands is the Volkswagen. Many car enthusiasts in the U.S. love the styling and performance of VWs. However, following the emissions scandal of 2016, Volkswagen’s reputation took a serious hit, and the company had to recall millions of vehicles. In the years since, Volkswagen has been working to rebuild its reputation as a reliable brand.
Nevertheless, even with substantial changes to the company’s operation and its vehicle designs, Volkswagen has still produced many defective vehicles. Get in touch with The Barry Law Firm now if you are one of the many Volkswagen-owners who has ended up with a lemon.
Our firm can provide a FASt and FREE case review to determine if your vehicle is a lemon. Don’t wait, contact us today as you may be able to get your money back or a replacement vehicle.
Is Your Volkswagen A Lemon?
Your Volkswagen must have a substantial problem that interferes with its use, value, or safety to qualify as a lemon. It must have also be covered by a written warranty (like those that come with new or certified pre-owned vehicles that are either purchased or leased) when the problem initially started. Another prerequisite is that you give the manufacture or dealership the opportunity to fix the reported issue(s). Your vehicle may then qualify as a lemon if they are unable to repair it after multiple attempts.
Defects In Volkswagen Vehicles That Can Warrant A Lemon Law Claim
Known defects and malfunctions in Volkswagen vehicles have included problems such as:
- Emissions control system problems
- Fuel pump failures
- Engine failure, surging, loss of power
- Breakage of glass sunroofs
- Suspension problems
- Brake system and ABS module failure
- Timing chain failure
- Faults with seat control modules that could disable airbags
- Airbag defects that could cause explosion and injury
- Steering problems
- Transmission problems that can lead to power loss
- Electrical problems
Talk with a lemon law attorney today to learn about the next step if your VW experiences these or any other problems.
Volkswagen Models That Could Be Lemons
Volkswagen has made a wide range of models over the years. Any one of those models could potentially be a lemon. Recent VW models that have been the subject vehicle in a lemon law claim include:
- Golf GTI
- Golf R
- Jetta GLI
What to Do If Your Volkswagen Is a Lemon
If your VW is a lemon:
- Contact The Barry Law Firm immediately for a FAST and FREE consultation.
- Collect all repair orders (request from a certified dealership if needed).
- Save all communication with the dealership and/or manufacturer.
- Gather your warranty, purchase agreement/ lease agreement and registration.
- Document all problems with your vehicle.
- Keep a list of incidental costs related to your vehicle. For example, if you must get your vehicle towed because of its defects, keep receipts of those costs.