California lemon law attorney for Tesla vehicles
Tesla has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years, becoming one of the world’s most valuable auto manufacturers. Known for its innovative electric vehicles, Tesla produces high-performing automobiles that consumers are eager to buy. However, this rapid growth and innovation has come at a price, causing Tesla to recall many of its vehicles due to many manufacturing defects.
The Barry Law Firm has helped many Tesla-owners with their concerns, many of whom pursued lemon law claims with our firm. Let us assist you as well if you believe your Tesla is a lemon. Our team of experienced attorneys will fight for you to obtain the restitution you are entitled to under the California lemon law.
Call us or contact us online today for a FAST and FREE case review.
Is Your Tesla A Lemon?
Your Tesla must have a substantial problem that interferes with its use, value, or safety to qualify as a lemon. It must also be covered by a written warranty like those that come with new or certified pre-owned vehicles that are either purchased or leased. Another prerequisite is that you give the manufacture or dealership the opportunity to fix the reported issue(s). Your vehicle may then qualify as a lemon if Tesla is unable to repair it after multiple attempts.
Defects In Tesla Vehicles That Can Warrant A Lemon Law Claim
You must show that your vehicle has a defect first to bring forward a lemon law case. These are some defects that Tesla models may have:
- Body problems, including roof panels that could detach
- Suspension defects
- Battery and electrical problems
- Brake system malfunction
- Brake light problems such as the vehicle not lighting trailer brake lights
- Airbag problems, including decomposition and risk of explosion
- Manufacturing problems with electric parking brakes
- Seatbelt connection problems
- Defective rear seats that could fold in a crash
- Unexpected autopilot problems
- Trouble with touch screens and other controls
Your Tesla may qualify as a lemon if it has these or other problems.
Tesla models that could be lemons
Any Tesla model could turn out to be a lemon, including:
- Model 3
- Model S
- Model X
- Model Y
What To Do If Your Tesla Is A Lemon
If you think your Tesla is a lemon:
- Contact The Barry Law Firm immediately for a FAST and FREE consultation.
- Collect all repair orders (request from a certified dealership if needed).
- Save all communication with the dealership and/or manufacturer.
- Gather your warranty, purchase agreement / lease agreement and registration.
- Document all problems with your vehicle.
- Keep a list of incidental costs related to your vehicle. For example, if you must get your vehicle towed because of its defects, keep receipts of those costs.