California Lemon Law For BMW Vehicles
BMW (Bavarian Motor Works) is a popular manufacturer known for producing stylish and highly sought-after vehicles. While many consumers love their BMWs, others find themselves disappointed with them when they turn out to be lemons.
Don’t hesitate to contact The Barry Law Firm if you believe your BMW is a lemon. Our firm has years of experience assisting consumers with lemon law claims. We offer FREE case evaluations for new, certified pre-owned, and even used vehicles.
The Barry Law Firm is here to fight for your rights and help you get your money back. Rest assured, we will neither bill you for our legal services nor take a percentage from your damages. We hold BMW accountable for their wrong-doing and make sure they pay our costs and fees.
There’s nothing to lose, contact us today for a FREE consultation.
Is Your BMW A Lemon?
Your BMW must meet certain criteria before qualifying as a lemon under California law. One of the most important requirements is that you will need a written warranty, which usually comes with newly purchased vehicles, leases, and certified pre-owned cars. Another requirement is to demonstrate that your vehicle has a material problem that the manufacturer or a certified dealership cannot fix after multiple attempts.
Let The Barry Law Firm review your potential case to determine if you qualify for a lemon law claim.
Defects In BMW Vehicles That Can Warrant A Lemon Law Claim
Defects we have seen common to BMWs include:
- Trouble with latches and locks that may unexpectedly open
- Electronic sensor problems that can interfere with airbag deployment
- Electrical system overheating causing a fire risk
- Fuel tank weld problems leading to leaks
- Excessive oil consumption
- Engine failure
- Engine cooling trouble that can cause shorts
- Ignition switch problems
- Suspension and control arm separation
- Software problems disabling seatbelt warnings
- Turn signal malfunctions
- Fuel pump failures
- Airbag inflator module problems
- And many others
BMW Models That Could Be Lemons
There are several models that could be involved in BMW lemon law cases, including:
- X Series (including X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, and X7)
- 2 Series
- 3 Series
- 4 Series
- 5 Series
- 7 Series
- 8 Series
What to Do If Your BMW Is a Lemon
- Contact The Barry Law Firm immediately for a FREE consultation.
- Collect all repair orders (request from a certified dealership if needed).
- Gather your warranty, your purchase agreement / lease agreement and registration.
- Save all communications with the dealership and/or manufacturer.
- Document all problems with your vehicle.
- Keep a list of incidental costs related to your vehicle. For example, if you must get your vehicle towed because of its defects, keep receipts of those costs.